This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Am I really on a diet?

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Nutrisystem? Seriously. This is the easiest way to lose weight. People ask me if I'm tempted to cheat. Well, let me tell you what I ate today, and you tell me if you'd feel the need to cheat!

Breakfast: toasted bagel (carb serving) with fried egg and a slice of fat free cheese, banana.
Lunch: cream of potato soup with bacon and cheese, salad
Snack: Sour Cream & Onion Soy Chips
Dinner: Sourdough Pizza with turkey pepperoni, veggies, and cheese plus a second slice made on whole wheat bread (carb serving)
Dessert: 5 cinnamon donuts (NS breakfast item)

Seriously, would you need to cheat if you ate like this? I feel like I've been cheating all day long!


I was sure I took a photo of the Sour Cream & Onion Soy Chips but I don't see one on my camera so I guess I forgot. It'll probably be a while before I review these again since I don't have any more, so I'll do a mini one now.

Sour Cream And Onion Soy Chips (Dessert):


In this case, the Nutrisystem photo is pretty accurate. What these really remind me of are those Quaker mini rice cakes, except thinner. The texture and appearance is very similar. I found these to be pretty bland, though- they didn't have much seasoning on them at all. They were a nice snack since I had the donuts to eat later but I wouldn't want these as a substitute for one of the yummy sweet desserts that NS offers.


Pancake Mix (Breakfast):


I got this recipe off the Nutrisystem site and it is amazing! Seriously, you have to try it.

1 pkg Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
1 tsp brown sugar Splenda
2 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp egg substitute

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend. Spray mini donut pan (or whatever you choose to use, I really wanted mini donuts so I bought the pan just for this recipe!) with PAM cooking spray and spoon in the batter- don't overfill because these rise! I could actually have made six donuts instead of five. Bake for about ten minutes or until done. Let them cool, and if desired top them with a little bit of glaze made with a tsp icing sugar thinned with milk. You're just brushing it on with a pastry brush so I wouldn't worry too much about the calories and it tastes wonderful!

This counts as a NS breakfast entree, so you still get to add the dairy/protein and fruit like I did with my breakfast. They're very filling so it works great to split up your breakfast.

Right now, I am one happy dieter!

1 comment: