This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm Still Here...

I haven't disappeared into the void of the blogosphere- I promise! Sorry that I haven't been posting but lately it's just been one thing after the other and I haven't had the time to write. I do have some great recipes to share with you and I'll do my best to get them posted this week.

I've also done some thinking about how I've been doing the past three months and WHY I've been on a plateau. Have I generally been eating well? Yes. Have I had a few days where I blew the bank? Absolutely.

When I think about why I lost my motivation, it makes a lot of sense. For the first time in my life, I was starting to feel good about my body and the way I looked. I was getting a lot of positive feedback from both people I know and from strangers, and so I "relaxed" a little. After all, I had accomplished my original goal- perhaps I would give up and just maintain at this weight? Heck, I even posted pictures of myself on Facebook in a swimsuit this past week- and I didn't feel fat or embarrassed!

When I look at it that way, it's easy to see why I stopped losing weight. However, what delights me the most is that over the past three months, I haven't been gaining any back. I've been plus or minus four pounds of where I stopped the entire time, which makes me feel great. I know now that I've developed the habits that will help me maintain for a lifetime when I do decide to stop losing.

However- that time isn't now. While I'm still thrilled about the improvements I've made in my health and my appearance, I'm still considered overweight by BMI and I know that I can still lose some more weight healthfully and that I will look great when I'm finished. At this point I believe it's going to take more of an effort exercising as well as watching my eating habits, but that's for the best. Exercise is great for our bodies and I need to incorporate it into my routine.

So- I'm back. And I'm ready to get back on track and focus again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it. I want to see you get to be absolutely thin. I think you'll be so pleased and so happy, you'll never want to go back. I wondered what happened to you and I hoped you were still with it. I knew you were because you are so dedicated.

    ReplyDelete