This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 23, 2023

Week Eleven Weigh In!

Well, I didn't lose much more than after my doctor's appointment but I certainly can't complain while I'm still over the benchmark of 1-2lbs per week! For all of you who are unsure of the benefits of exercising, have a look and you'll see that I've lost eleven pounds in the last three weeks, since I started regularly working out!


Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 18.4lbs

While normally I am not a fan of chunky soups, I was pleasantly surprised at how rich and delicious this was. I don't think I have tried farro before; it was described as a "nutty" grain, and I think that fits fairly well. It stayed chewy and the texture was a nice complement to the flavourful broth and the veggies.


Rustic Italian Fish & Farro Stew:


1/2 pound basa fillet
1/2 cup dry farro
113g yellow onion
2 tbsp Italian Herb Spice Blend
28g baby spinach
170g carrots
160g Roma Tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp butter

Roughly chop tomatoes. Peel and then cut carrots into rounds. Peel and chop the onion into small chunks.

In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. When the pot is hot, add carrots and onions. Cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until carrots and onions start to soften. Reduce heat to medium and add 1.5 tbsp of your spice blend as well as pepper to taste. Add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant.

Add the vegetable broth plus 1 1/4 cups water, and turn your heat to high. Add farro, cover, and boil for ten minutes.

Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle the basa with the remaining 1/2 tbsp spice blend. Add the whole fillet straight to the stew, and cover for 10-14 minutes. The basa will flake when you stir it next. 

Add your spinach, and stir in until it wilts nicely. If necessary, add some salt or pepper to taste. Enjoy the stew! Serves two.

This soup is loaded with 7.5g of fiber and it will definitely be satiating. One portion is 403 calories, 8g of fat, 52g of carbs, and 19g of protein. I will definitely be making this again on a cold day!

No comments:

Post a Comment