This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Full Daily Menu!

I wanted to share a few more ideas for a full day meal plan with balanced macros, since I know it can be helpful to see it laid out rather than pick and choose from my giant Recipes tab

Here are a few new recipes as well for you to try, hope you enjoy them! If you're interested in seeing other full day plans, you can check the WhatDidIEat tag!


Breakfast:


For those mornings where you have a little extra time, nothing beats homemade waffles for decadence!

1/2 cup Kodiak dark chocolate pancake mix
50g liquid egg whites
3 strawberries, diced

You can use water for the Kodiak mix, but I used egg whites to boost the protein a little. If it's still too thick you can add water to thin it out a bit so it pours well as pancake or waffle batter.

Breakfast Summary: 273 calories, 4g fat, 43.5g carbs, 20g protein.


Lunch:


So this is a really interesting twist on egg salad that I wasn't sure if I would like, but I love it. Eggs are a great source of healthy protein and they're cheap and easy, so I eat some almost every day. I would definitely recommend giving this a try!

2 hard boiled eggs
2 stalks of celery, diced
1/2 small red onion, minced
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp light mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp ancient grain mustard
black pepper, paprika to taste

While you're hard boiling your eggs, soak the celery in the rice wine vinegar. You'll want to leave it for a minimum of half an hour, but longer is better! I'm not going to get into the debate of how to make the best hard boiled eggs, I'll leave that to your discretion!

Chop the eggs roughly and add the red onion, pickled celery (drain it first!! don't use the vinegar), mayo, and mustard, and add your spices. Serve however you would enjoy your egg salad! 

My current favourite way to feel like I'm having a little feast is to take a nice bun, and then slice it thinly like bread, and then put toppings on open faced. I love the Kirkland cheese buns, and this way I can eat half a cheese bun instead of a whole one and still get my enjoyment of the flavours of the egg salad and bun in every bite without being overwhelmed like the bread.

Lunch Summary: 372 calories, 21.5g fat, 22g carbs, 20.5g protein.


Afternoon Snack:



Sometimes, you just gotta go for simplicity! Two slices of whole wheat weight watcher's bread, toasted, with 2 tbsp of peanut butter on top.

Snack Summary: 288 calories, 17g fat, 24g carbs, 12g protein.


Dinner:


This easy dinner recipe is something a little off the beaten path, but it's flavourful and light and definitely worth trying. You can get the calories down even lower if you get something like this sugar free orange ginger sauce!

285g shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup dry bulgur wheat
1 tbsp vegetable broth liquid concentrate
1 clementine
56g baby spinach
113g snow peas
28g sliced almonds
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp olive oil

If you have a rice cooker, I used that to cook the bulgur. Add the broth concentrate to the water and just cook like rice. If you don't have one, it's just fine on the stovetop- use 1/2 cup of water and add the bulgur and broth concentrate and bring it to a boil, then cover and remove the pot from heat and let it stand until the liquid is absorbed, roughly 15 minutes.

Peel and separate the clementine sections. Trim and halve the snowpeas. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, and add the almonds to the dry pan. Toast, stirring often, until golden; about 3-4 minutes. Toasting nuts adds so much richness, it's definitely worth the extra time! Transfer to a bowl and set aside.

Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil to the pan, and add the shrimp when the pan is hot. Cook until the shrimp just turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Add 2 tbsp ginger sauce and toss until shrimp are coated.

In a serving bowl, mix together the remaining ginger sauce and the rice wine vinegar. Add spinach, snowpeas, and clementine segments until well combined. Divide the salad between two plates, and add shrimp and bulgur. Sprinkle almonds on top, and enjoy!

Dinner Summary: 387 calories, 13g fat, 42g carbs, 27g protein.


Dessert:


Everything in moderation, right? I don't believe in living life without ever having treats, which is why you can see that I do eat dessert (in some form) every single day. I don't feel deprived, I'm not going to bed hungry, and I can still enjoy my favourite foods.

Get yourself some cute little ice cream bowls that hold a smaller amount (because you really won't want as much as you used to!) and they'll be fun to eat. 

So I had 3/4 cup of Chapman's Three of a Kind Vanilla Frozen Yogurt garnished with 1/2 cup fresh strawberries and drizzled with 1 tbsp Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup, and it was delicious. You could also pick one of the higher protein ice creams like Halo Top and that would be a great choice too. Or maybe you want a little Haagen Daaz- there is absolutely nothing wrong with treats in moderation!

Dessert Summary: 178 calories, 3g fat, 36g carbs, 4g protein.

Daily Total: 1498 calories, 58.5g of fat, 167.5g of carbohydrates, and 83.5g of protein.

Hope this helps! What did you eat yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment