This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I love Men's Health Magazine!

I know this isn't a new entree but I made it for dinner tonight and it was SO good I wanted to share it immediately

My husband subscribes to Men's Health and I think I read it more than he does. Not only does it actually have interesting articles but there's almost always a few great recipes in it- and frequently they can be made NS friendly with only a little tweaking!

I definitely recommend you give this recipe a try- I think it's going to become a new favourite!


Macaroni and Cheese (Dinner):



Grown Up Mac & Cheese:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Macaroni & Cheese
2 oz cooked ham, cubed
3 tbsp ricotta cheese
1/4 cup winter squash, cubed (I used butternut)
1 tbsp breadcrumbs seasoned with Italian spices
1 tsp olive oil
pepper

Prepare the Macaroni & Cheese according to package directions. Cover and set aside. Spray a pan with PAM and cook the squash until it softens, add the ham cubes. When the ham is heated through, add the ricotta cheese. When the macaroni noodles are soft (all the liquid doesn't have to be gone yet) pour it into the pan and stir well. Add pepper to taste. Pour the pasta into a baking dish. In a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs and oil and sprinkle them over top of the pasta. Bake in the oven for about ten minutes at 400 degrees.

The squash went perfectly with the flavours. Next time I may add onions as well but this was great the way it was.

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!That looks and sounds absolutely scrumptious! My next order will include 2 orders of the Mac and Cheese, and I will try this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot wait to try this!! Tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried this tonight and it was awesome! Thanks for the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does this count as on the NS plan? I am new and this looks AMAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, it's one of my favourites!

    Count it as dinner + dairy/protein + 1 vegetable + fat + 1 free food.

    ReplyDelete