This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cheating Already?!?!?

Yes, it's true. I admit it. I've already cheated. Well, sort of. You start eating healthy, and your brain already starts to sabotage you... I dreamed that my husband and my mother bought a pizza and some fries and were encouraging me to eat them. Gee, thanks guys.

I'm starting to really feel positive and optimistic about succeeding on Nutrisystem. So, there's been one meal I didn't like. There have been lots that I did and I'm enjoying having a nice selection to choose from each meal. I also noticed in the paperwork they sent me, there are meals listed that weren't in my original package, so I think I get an even wider selection on my second order! I'm looking forward to trying some more new things.

Today for breakfast, I had a yummy parfait. I used the Nutrisystem Granola cereal and substituted yogurt for the milk and had it over strawberries. It was delicious and satisfying. I couldn't fit all the granola on the parfait for the picture- I had to add more after I'd eaten a little bit!



For lunch, I tried the Chicken with Barley & Vegetables in Sauce. It was more of a stew like consistency but it was pretty good.



I had to deal with that pizza craving somehow, didn't I? Fortunately, there's a Nutrisystem meal to fill the gap, and I had a Thick Crust Pizza for dinner. I threw on a bunch of vegetables and it was pretty good, although not as cheesy as the real thing of course. It was a great dinner with Caesar salad (well, romaine lettuce and fat free dressing) and garlic bread.



Dessert was a White Chocolate Chunk cookie. It was pretty good, but it didn't have that rich sweet texture I was hoping for. I love, love, love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and I wanted something like that. I will probably stick to the fudge brownie next time instead.



So far, so good! I love that there's still lots of new things in the cupboard for me to try. It's almost like being in a restaurant and having a whole menu of things to choose from for each meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment