This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dan was actually jealous tonight...

My dinner was so good tonight, Dan was actually jealous of it! That's one heck of a milestone for Nutrisystem. I decided to jazz up the Thick Crust Pizza a little bit. One of my favourite foods pre-lifestyle change was BBQ chicken pizza. So today, I saved two proteins from earlier in the day for dinner, and I made a chicken pizza!

It's permitted to sub out the tomato sauce they give you with BBQ sauce (as long as it's less than 20 calories per tbsp), so I did that, and I cut up a serving of chicken into little chunks. Then I topped the pizza with my favourite veggies; onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and green pepper. I grated a little mozzerella on top to supplement the NS cheese (since I had saved enough protein servings), and baked it for ten minutes. It was amazing! This is definitely something I plan to eat again.

Even with boxed entrees like this, there is definitely room for creativity. On the Nutrisystem site, there are message boards where people post their favourite recipes. I definitely plan on trying them out!

Here are some more meals I've sampled lately:

Rice, Beef, and Vegetables in Teriyaki Sauce (Dinner):


This one was another meal where I needed to adjust my expectations. Rice? What rice? There was literally one tablespoon of rice in the little plastic compartment on the side! I know rice is starchy but this was ridiculous. Also, teriyaki sauce is supposed to be sweet, and this was more of a beef broth than anything else. This was certainly edible and there was nothing wrong with it, but it wasn't what I was expecting and frankly I'd rather have a dish that tasted more carb-y. The meal was filling, but left me feeling unsatisfied.

Chicken and Noodles with Lemon Butter Sauce (Dinner):


Like the above meal, this just wasn't what I expected. In fact, I didn't taste any lemon at all. Was it good and filling? Sure, but it just wasn't what I was hoping for. It tasted good and I liked it, but I probably won't order too many more of this one.

Vegetable Lasagna with Basil Tomato Sauce (Dinner):


Unless you're a vegetarian, I see no reason to choose this instead of the lasagna with meat sauce. I usually love vegetable lasagnas because I expect them to be full of chunks of vegetables. This one, not so much. I missed the meat and took this one off my order list.

Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables (Lunch):


This was pretty good. It was like chicken noodle soup, but with a thicker sauce. I actually thought when I pulled it out of the cupboard that it was another of the chicken and barley meals, so I was a little disappointed when I opened the cup. Then I looked at the label and realized that it was something different. Chicken noodle soup really isn't my favourite thing so this wasn't a huge hit for me, but it was tasty and I did like it.

My next month's box should be here in a few days. It'll be nice to have some variety again- I'm running out of choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment