This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Role Models

Did you watch the season premiere of the Biggest Loser tonight? I admit that I'm an addict. In fact, if you read way back to the beginning on my blog, it was an episode of the Biggest Loser that spurred me to start my own weight loss journey. I watched Ashley, from season 9, get her RealAge with Dr H. Ashley was significantly more overweight than I was when I began my journey, but she's my age so it was a reality check. Her body thought she was 30 years older. 30 years. Nothing is worth giving away that much of my life.

But, I digress! Honestly, I'm not sold on the health benefits of the show. I believe that losing weight slowly and steadily is best for your body and makes you more likely to keep it off. But hey, I'm human and I like drama and watching people succeed.

Without giving away any spoilers, tonight's show made me think. A lot of the couples were parent-child this time around. It made me think of being a role model for my son. I don't want him to grow up with an unhealthy, overweight mother. I want him to be raised with a healthy lifestyle so that he has this as a foundation of the way things should be.

Role models can have a major impact on our lives, our choices, and how we see ourselves. Think of your role model and how he or she has affected your life.

Now think of yourself. Whether you know it or not, you are a role model to someone. How do you want them to see you? What can you do to make that happen?

When you lose weight, you are a role model to us all. You give hope to the people who are just starting their journeys that it can be done. You prove that with determination and willpower, that you can achieve whatever goal you put your mind to. And that's something to be proud of.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, slow and steady is best. Also I think they have more excess skin from losing so quickly. Some people may have some anyway but I think that losing so quickly only makes it worse. Oh, and I'm watching right now.

    I found you on Friendly Wednesday! I’m your newest follower! Carli www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from The Mingle Hop!- Because-- well, because my stomach is rumbling. so, your blog caught my eye.

    I agree slow & steady is best for our bodies and forms more long-term habits!

    I need to take up Pilates. I keep saying that- but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely slow and easy for the weight loss. I tried to lose 10 lbs for my HS reunion "quick", and of course it all came back...plus more!

    I found your blog from Welcome Wednesday, and am now a follower.

    Stop by if you get a chance!

    Coupon Clippin' Daddy
    Coupon Clippin' Daddy on FB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower from Social Parade. I totally understand making health changing decisions for the benefit of you family. :) Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete