This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fish

I love seafood- it's always been one of my favourite things to eat. The best part is that seafood is generally pretty healthy- it's just the things we do to it that make it awful! Unfortunately Nutrisystem doesn't offer much in the way of seafood, I expect because it just doesn't do well in a shelf stable format. But, the good news is that we can incorporate it into our meal plan as a dairy/protein serving, so you can eat it as frequently as you like! Recently I tried experimenting with a new salmon dish and I loved it, hopefully you will enjoy it too.

Creamy Dill Salmon Pasta:




Fettuccine Alfredo (Lunch):

1 pkg Nutrisystem Fettuccine Alfredo
1 light wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
1 dairy/protein serving worth of salmon (I use Compliments Balance Wild Pacific Salmon Burgers)
chopped tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and asparagus
dill paste

Prepare the Fettuccine Alfredo as directed and set aside. In a pan sprayed with PAM, cook the salmon until it turns pink and cut it into small pieces. Add the vegetables to the pan and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat with the Laughing Cow cheese wedge. Pour the fettuccine noodles into the pan and add the dill paste, and cook until the flavours blend. Enjoy! This counts as a complete lunch plus a free food.

For my spices, I often use Gourmet Garden. It comes in a paste form in a little squeezy tube. I find that this format blends much better into a dish than dried herbs, and the flavour is stronger. I would definitely recommend giving these a try to add a little more taste to your meals. I like the Italian blend on the Thick Crust Pizza, and I'll share some more recipes with these soon.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

3 comments:

  1. Hubby would LOVE this recipe!! Bookmarking...CHECK! :) I actually stopped by to give you a blog award! You can find it here: http://www.becomingbrea.com/2011/02/there-are-so-many-people-i-need-to.html

    HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bee Friendly Friday! Now following you gfc!

    ReplyDelete