This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On a Cold Day...

Some entrees that I liked at the beginning have been continually seconded to the back of my cupboard as I find things or methods of preparation that I enjoy more. The Cheese Tortellini has definitely been among those as I've been finding the sauce more bitter than I'm used to in a tomato based dish. It's not bad, just not one of my favourite items.

I was browsing online for soup recipes, since it's been freezing here lately and I miss having a nice big bowl of soup for lunch as comfort food. I saw a recipe that involved tortellini and a bell went off- why couldn't I make a soup using the Cheese Tortellini?

Well, it was pretty darn good! I'm actually still eating it now as I share it with you! If you're looking for a soup recipe to warm you up, definitely give it a try.


Cheese Tortellini (Lunch):



Italian Sausage & Tortellini Soup:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Cheese Tortellini
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Aylmer Olive Oil & Garlic Diced Tomatoes
1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
1/4 cup diced onions
1 serving sausage (100 calories or less, 3g fat or less, 7g protein or more)

Prepare the sausage according to package directions- cut into chunks and set aside. In a small pot set to medium heat, combine the broth and Tortellini entree. Simmer until well blended. Add the vegetables and sausage and simmer for 20 minutes on low-medium heat (don't let it boil). Pour into a bowl and if desired, sprinkle with 10 calories' worth of Parmesan cheese.

Count as a lunch entrée, Powerfuel, and 2 servings of veggies.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment