This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Staying Focused

So, here I am again. I just seem to be having a really hard time staying focused lately and I don't know why, and I don't know what I can do about it. How to regain lost motivation?

I got an email from a friend that really struck home for me although I know she didn't intend it that way. She remarked that we'd been friends for a year and a half now. While I think it's great that I've met some wonderful people during my journey, my mind finished the sentence with "... and you're not at goal yet."

Well, I'm not. I look like a normal person now, but I'm not where I'd like to be and my BMI is still overweight. So why have I been wasting all this time? I don't know.

The Biggest Loser has started up again and it's been giving me a little kick to start exercising again. I always feel so much better when I do so I don't know why I don't make a bigger effort.

So now I need your help! What are your strategies for getting back on plan when you've been derailed? I started this and I'm going to finish it- just need to figure out how!

3 comments:

  1. Just do it...even if you don't feel like it . Just GO! You have your goal, right? I read somewhere that it takes about 6 months for something to become a habit...force yourself to make it a habit.
    I lost 73 lbs since Jan...and I did it for ME, so I felt good, so I was happy in my own skin. If you aren't happy with the workouts you are doing...try a new one...get a new DVD, or try a new class. Mix things up. Don't let your body or mind become bored!
    Good luck, you will get where you want to be...believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start with small attainable goals. Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can def do this! I actually love to workout so thats never been my problem but if it is just get out there and do it. Try taking a walk to start...riding a bike, joining a gym and taking some fun classes. I here zumba is fun and you can laugh at your self while trying. ( not personally for me, i have tried it and couldnt stop laughing)
    Find something you enjoy and go do it. Good luck! I love your blog by the way

    ReplyDelete