This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sigh: Round Two

Once again, I was expecting to post a big number this week. Today is Day Thirteen of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slimdown, and I've stuck to the program 100%. Some exercises I have more trouble with than others since I am not all that flexible, but I've been trying my best. I was expecting at least some kind of reward for all this effort!

Nope. I'm down 0.8lbs. Seriously, I was doing better when I was just counting calories and not exercising at all, and that's really frustrating since I know the exercise is good for my body. I mean, I know I'm not obese anymore so it's harder to take the fat off, but I still have about thirty pounds that I want to lose, so I didn't expect it to get really difficult for at least another ten or fifteen pounds, especially since at one point last year I was about eight pounds lighter.

My muscles still ache like hell when I'm exercising, so if the previous commenter was correct and they are holding water, I guess that could be part of it. But I didn't think this would continue, especially since in the past I've at least done the 30 Day Shred a couple of days a week and it started taking weight off well. I just was stupid and gave up.

I've also been eating better than I have in a while. More fresh vegetables and salads. I've also been finding that I've fallen into the habit of having four or five mini meals a day instead of just breakfast/lunch/dinner. It's made more sense because I prefer to eat lightly before a workout, and then I'm usually hungry afterwards, so I have a small meal before and after a workout. I'm still counting calories so I know I'm well within my optimum range and I am not overeating just because I'm exercising.

Well, I'm feeling stubborn, so I'm going to finish the workout and just ignore this result and see what happens. But I am not really happy right now. It would be nice to get a little positive feedback! Seeing the pounds drop off when I started losing weight really gave me the incentive to keep going. Now I feel like I am not getting much.

Bodies are frustrating. That is all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,

    I just wanted to send you a quick encouragement note. I know sometimes it's hard to stick with it when you aren't getting the results you want, but don't give up! You may not be losing weight but just working out is keeping you healthy and happy. I know you'll get to where you want to be. Worry less about the number and just being a better version of yourself. Big picture type theory... ;) I've been reading your blog for awhile and you do keep me inspired, so maybe I can help inspire you for a minute. ;) Stay strong! You're doing a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, you're doing the right thing! Like you said, exercise is good for your body and you're an inspiration to me. I would be just as disheartened as you if I didn't see great numbers on the scale. I'm proud of you for sticking with it. As you well know, those muscles weigh more than fat, so that's likely your answer. I know none of us want to hear that, but I know when I hear it, it makes me feel a little better. You're likely going to see the results in the mirror more so than on the scale! At the end of the 30 days, I bet you'll look so toned and firm. Can't wait to hear more later. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too late. You got plenty of time. I trust you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Susie I found the link to your blog on Cruise Critic. I love it! Shoot me a Facebook message sometimes, I love to chat about fitness and nutrition. Please also stop by my blog at http://tommydoran.com/about-me

    ReplyDelete