This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yum!

So far, this week has been a lot of fun and I'm really enjoying my fruit! Here's a fun recipe that you might want to make with kids if you have it (just use regular chocolate for them) because it's simple, messy and fun!

Chocolate Crunch Bar (Dessert):



I never realized I hadn't reviewed this item before- it's one of my favourite desserts. I love Nestle Crunch bars and this tastes almost exactly like one. Crunchy, gooey, and satisfying.


Chocolate Crunch Banana:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Chocolate Crunch Bar
1 small banana (or 1/2 medium banana)
1 skewer or popsicle stick

Melt the chocolate in the microwave (mine took nearly a minute in 20 second chunks) and stir it up a little bit with the skewer. Slide the skewer into the banana and roll it around in the chocolate until it's covered. If desired, place in the fridge until chocolate hardens or go ahead and eat it while it's dripping the little crispy things! And don't forget to lick the rest of the chocolate out of the bowl when you're finished!

We have a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory at the mall, and every time I go by they have yummy things dipped in chocolate and I always want one, so I figured I'd make my own. I was going to use the Nutrichocolates and crushed peanuts (fat serving) but I only have one pack left and I need them for a different recipe so I thought I'd try the Crunch bar since it has the crispy things for some texture. It worked really well and made a great dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment