This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Mindset Makeover

I've been thinking about posting for a few days now but haven't gotten around to it. Seeing a little note on the top of my blog that my ticker hadn't been updated for more than 80 days was a real shock and it gave me a kick that I need to start focusing again.

Two nights ago, I had a dream that it didn't matter what I ate anymore because I'd already eaten two days' worth of calories in cookies. I remember feeling so helpless and frustrated, like I had no control anymore.

But that isn't the case. Even if everything else in your life is out of control, you're still the only one who is physically putting food into your mouth. We all make choices; we're never forced to eat anything. I remember when I had been on my journey for a short while and was showing results, that I felt so empowered and strong. I have not been feeling that way lately. I've been making excuses and I'm back on a road of self sabotage (I've updated my ticker, as you can see). But that isn't who I want to be! And the only one who has the power to stop it is me.

When I first got started on Nutrisystem, they had a program called Mindset Makeover to help people get adjusted to the new lifestyle choices they should be making. I feel like I need a new Mindset Makeover for this point in my weight loss journey, to help get me back on track mentally. I think the problems started to stem from the fact that I've come so far and then got complacent with all the compliments and that the size of clothing I'm wearing felt so normal that I felt satisfied where I was and that got me derailed. If I had chosen to stay there, that would have been OK too, but I didn't. I started to get dissatisfied, but instead of making a positive change and getting back on my healthy eating plan, I started to get down on myself and make poor choices again.

So, it's time to do another round of Mindset Makeover. I pledge to you, my readers, to make one post each day and find something positive to help me readjust my attitude. And I'll throw some recipes in there since I owe you some!

This blog isn't going anywhere- it's time to get things moving again!

No comments:

Post a Comment