This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, November 28, 2022

Week Three Weigh In

 Well, this week was my 40th birthday- I will be 100% straight up that I have NOT been eating on plan! For my birthday dinner, we had takeout Chinese food, and it was delicious. I still had everything I wanted, but I was satisfied with a smaller portion. And for dessert, we had an amazing lemon buttercream cake. It was worth every bite! On the weekend, I also had a party, so I drank chocolate martinis and enjoyed pizza and other salty foods.



So, to no one's surprise, I gained 2lbs this week. Do I think I really ate 7000 calories over what I burned? No. I'm sure some of it is sodium retention. I can actually feel the bloat from what I've been eating and it's a little uncomfortable. 

That being said, I read in the Facebook Ozempic group all the time that people are finding they can no longer eat certain items, and that hasn't been my experience at all. I wholeheartedly enjoyed the food I had for my birthday weekend, and honestly I'm ready to get back on track counting calories again. 

I don't know how this medication manages to change those neural pathways about food, but I find that truly magical. That I can have a small portion of something, enjoy it to the utmost, and feel satisfied afterwards. Even that I can eyeball a portion that I previously thought was too small, and think maybe now that it's too large for me. I think this really is the key lesson and way to keep the weight off longterm, if I can keep these habits going.

Today is my 4th injection of 0.25mg. My doctor wants me to follow the standard dose progression, so I'm expected to move up next week to 0.5mg. I have been having mixed feelings about this because I know I have a lot of weight to lose, so I worry that I'll get to a point where I stall and not be able to increase the dose. I am not sure that increases past 1mg will be covered for me, so I am wondering if a slower progression would be better. I'll have to ask her about that.

Either way though, I am grateful for the help I'm getting from Ozempic to make healthier habits, and hope that this will be the key to helping me reach and maintain a healthy body weight.

OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment