This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, November 21, 2022

Week Two Weigh In!

 So the weekend wound up proceeding differently than I expected, too. I was hungry on Friday, which was similar to the first week, so I figured the weekend would be similar. I was surprised to find that I wasn't all that hungry on the weekend either. Maybe the baseline effects of the medication are starting to take hold?

I had a check in appointment with my doctor this morning. I was supposed to be on my fourth injection by now, but because I was sick I delayed starting (today will be my third injection). She checked my vital stats and they are surprisingly good! My fasting glucose was 5.6 this morning, and my blood pressure (although taken from a pharmacy machine which may be somewhat unreliable, I'm still waiting for my home unit) was 129/79; both great numbers showing improvement! 



And I lost another 2.2lbs this week, which brings my Ozempic total to 5.6lbs in two weeks! My doctor was very pleased with these results and wants me to continue with the standard dose progression. So far I'm not experiencing a great deal in terms of side effects, minus the possible beneficial one of counteracting my insomnia. I find myself getting not just tired but sleepy earlier in the evening, and if I can fall asleep earlier and gain some quality sleep, that would be fantastic.

I have had a couple of what I'm calling shadow or ghost side effects... they're so mild they are barely there. A headache or two, and yesterday some very mild nausea that went away when I had dinner. But if it stays manageable that will be just fine because it looks like this medication is working well so far and I hope it continues to do so.

The ticker at the top of my blog is for my total weight loss this time around; I'm just as proud of the pounds I lost on Ozempic as I am of the pounds I worked to lose myself, because I'm still working to lose these too!

OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment