This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, June 19, 2023

Week 32 Weigh In!

As I've said before- Ozempic definitely isn't a magic pill, and it won't stop a determined person from binge eating. I've had a really busy and exhausting week, which meant I didn't have time or energy to exercise, and that all my intense cravings came back because I was so tired and stressed. Three days out of seven I was way over on my planned calories, and I don't love that.

Not everyone on Ozempic gets awful side effects if they eat badly. I would guess only a minority do. Thankfully, I'm not one of them. I can generally eat whatever I want and drink whatever I want, and as long as I'm doing OK emotionally, I'm satisfied with a smaller portion.

Getting back to unpicking my eating disorder- when I am that exhausted and stressed, it feels almost like I am eating just to feel awful. Like I'm definitely not hungry anymore, I know that I don't actually want to eat and yet I'm still doing it. I've really got to work on that because I want to enjoy food when I mindfully choose to indulge; I don't want to be eating as some kind of bizarre punishment for my self or whatever it is I think I'm doing.

I'm still grateful that Ozempic creates the space for me to work on my disordered relationship with food, because at the end of the day it's not going to solve my issues for me. I'm going to have to solve them myself. It's a tool that helps in a lot of different ways but it's not a magic shot, and honestly, I think I'm glad for that. I do really need the help, both with my A1C and my GLP-1 levels, but building a healthier relationship with food is the one way I can be sure that I won't be back at my starting weight again someday.

No one plans to regain the weight. I sure didn't in 2011 after all my hard work losing. I even kept off that massive weight loss for more than six years, which put me ahead of 90+% of dieters. And then I went through some traumatic life experiences and stopped caring about my health. I can't make that mistake again. I'm in my 40s now and I can't afford to put that kind of stress on my body by yo-yo'ing again. I need to lose this weight to save my own life and have more time with my son. So that means this time I have to keep it off if I don't want to die young. So I've got to work through my issues with food so that when I reach a healthy weight, I can maintain this time.

I do think that I'll be one of the people who needs to stay on Ozempic for life because of my diabetes. This medication is working so well for my blood glucose levels that I don't even need to take metformin anymore, which is great! Would I prefer not to take a needle every week forever? Sure, but it beats having to take insulin daily; and if I was going to have to take other medication forever, what's the difference? It's just a mild inconvenience.

For now though? I'm not worried about the distant future because a lot can change over time. Like me :)  So one week at a time- onwards and downwards!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 52.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment