This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, June 26, 2023

Week 33 Weigh-In!

 I've been hoping that things would slow down a bit in my life so I could relax and focus on getting a good night's rest and lowering my stress levels, but apparently I'm existing on stress and caffeine at this point. It's not really a surprise the scale isn't moving much, but a little disappointing.

That being said, I think some of my perceptions may be off, because the Lose It app tells me I've lost 6.8lbs in the last month, and 20.4lbs in the last 3 months, and those are perfectly awesome numbers! Have I been bouncing around a bit? Yes, but the trend is still going lower, and solidly in the healthy weight loss category, so I need to focus on that. The longer term trends are far more important than any individual week.

And also- my loss this week pushed me over a new milestone! 



That's a lot of weight! I might think that I still look the same, but being 80lbs lighter has no doubt made things a lot easier on my body. I'm sure it's easing stress on my heart and my knees, and hopefully adding years to my life.

I feel confident that I'll reach my current goal weight, and perhaps even go for a little more, but I'll see how I feel when I get there. We'd be in uncharted waters then! I don't think I ever really considered giving up this time around though. Failure is not an option when your doctor tells you to make changes before you die. If it takes longer because of slower loss? I've got all the time I need and I'm in no hurry (as long as I make my HealthyWager loss by November, but I'm less than 10lbs away so I feel like I don't have to worry about that!). 

I have noticed a little more loose skin on my legs than I'd like, but it sure beats the alternative of having it taut with fat. If my loss starts to slow down, hopefully that will be more time for my skin to adjust and tighten up again, and I'm going to keep up my exercise program because I know that helps, too. I'm also taking collagen in the hopes it will help. I've read not to even worry about loose skin until you've maintained your weight consistently for a year, to give your body a chance to catch up naturally. If there's any way to avoid going under the knife, I'll take it- I've heard quite a few horror stories about nerve damage and other issues. It still is surgery, after all. 

So again, I'm back to my standby of one day at a time, and just doing the best I can, while also still taking time to stop and smell the roses and enjoy life. Don't pass up special occasions because you're worried about the scale. Put on that bathing suit even if you're not at goal, and go have fun at the beach. As in so much of life, I think balance is the most important thing. That, and keep taking those baby steps!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs
OZ Week 33 loss: 0.8lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 53.6lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment