This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, July 3, 2023

Week 34 Weigh-In!

Well, seeing that number on the scale put a big smile on my face! Like I've said before, I've been feeling like I've been bouncing around the same numbers a bit, but it looks like that was mostly in May and I've gotten past that speedbump, because I posted a nice solid 6.6lbs loss for the month of June.

And I'm now past the study thresholds which say people generally lose up to 20% of their starting weight within a year! If you're only considering my weight loss and starting weight from the day I started taking Ozempic, I'm currently down 20.49% in seven months which is amazing! If you count my original starting weight and total loss, I'm down 27.64% and super proud of every pound and how hard I'm working.

Speaking of working hard, the July calendar for the Walk at Home app is posted! I'm excited to notice further changes in my body. While I've been able to see the definition in my lower abs for a while, now I can start to see the shape of my upper abs as well! While I've still got quite a ways to go, seeing measurable progress in my muscle development is awesome. Even when I lost weight before, I never worked on building muscle the way I have this time. I was never able to keep up a sustained exercise program either, let alone as often as I do!

It has really helped to have a workout buddy to get through the times where I'm not feeling it. I've been learning to adapt to choosing something lower key rather than skipping entirely on days where I'm tired, although also making sure to build in rest days where I need it! I'm working out on average 5 days a week, anywhere from 30-60 minutes a day, varying between cardio and strength training or some days a combination. I do like the Wake Up and Walk videos that incorporate a resistance band into your cardio for that little bit of extra boost. If you follow my link, you can get a free week to try out the Walk at Home program and see how you like it. They have a monthly calendar for beginners as well to ease you into walking, and you can do as much or as little as you like. If you try it, let me know how it is working for you!

I'll be out of town next Monday, so I'm going to be skipping my weigh in next week since I won't be home with my scale. I'm still staying at that 0.5mg dose for now, as long as it continues working for me. I woke up hungry in the middle of the night last night, but I'm still having no trouble with smaller portions- my body just prefers I eat small meals more often, and I think that's best for me and my blood sugar levels.

Hopefully I won't come home up too much since I will have less control over my food and activities, but life is for living and I'm not going to pass up the fun just to get to goal a week or two sooner! Balance in all areas of life- and that includes making space for social occasions involving delicious food and adult beverages!

Hope you all have a great week!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs
OZ Week 33 loss: 0.8lbs
OZ Week 34 loss: 2.4lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 56lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment