This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, July 24, 2023

Week 37 Weigh In!

And this is why it's so important not to get worked up over temporary weight gain! Go on holidays, enjoy yourself within reason, and just get right back on track. Was it kind of gross to come home and see such a large gain? Yup, but I knew that most of it would be sodium retention, and it would melt off. That leaves me with a "real" weight gain of 2.6lbs and that is more than reasonable!

The catch is, you actually do have to get right back on track to where you were so that it doesn't start to stay on. Don't turn a one week vacation into a month off plan!

I've noticed this week I'm having symptoms that are similar to Ozempic side effects but I don't think they are, because they didn't start until after I had returned home and started eating normally. I've been having gas pains, loose stools, and my sleep tracker tells me I'm not getting enough deep sleep so I'm exhausted all the time. I'm not sure if I perhaps ate something that was bad at the end of my trip, or if it's something else, but it sure is annoying. I just don't see it was being Ozempic related because I ate plenty of fatty, sugary foods and drank alcohol with no reactions whatsoever, so it would be bizarre for the side effects not to start until I was back home on my usual balanced macro, calorie deficit plan. For now, I'm just waiting it out, and if it lasts much longer I'll call my doctor.

The heavy fatigue has meant I haven't been able to exercise as much as I normally do; I only got in two workouts from the Walk At Home app because I was just too tired. I'm hoping that the fatigue will quit soon, but I'm not going to! I'm just doing my best to keep going even if I have to choose shorter workouts for now. That's what they're there for. When I feel up to it, I can move back to the longer and more intense ones. Not giving up is its own victory; I've been working out for 7 months now and haven't quit!!

I've got some new recipes I want to try out when I'm not so tired but in the meantime, I've got my low calorie frozen meals, and I'm back to taking things one day at a time. The most important step is always the next one! Don't let changes or brief hiccups derail your progress!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs
OZ Week 33 loss: 0.8lbs
OZ Week 34 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 35 on vacation: no weigh in
OZ Week 36 gain: 8.4lbs
OZ Week 37 loss: 6 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 53.6lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment