This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Roll With What Works!

 I think one of the most important things to remember in any weight loss journey, is that everyone's will be unique, although it will have some similar trends. What works for one person may not work well for another person- our bodies and hormones are different, after all.

Continuing in that vein, even we will have times with ourselves where we need to switch tactics to be able to keep moving forward, because sometimes what we've been doing isn't working for us, at least temporarily.

I'm sure you can all see from my Recipes section that I love to cook. I really do enjoy playing with my food, or finding ways to make a great tasting, low calorie version of fast food bombs. Lately though, I'm not feeling it. I don't want to put the mental energy into planning what I'm eating, or take the time to cook it myself. I'm also hungrier.

So, I've got choices. I could start eating fast food again, probably in portions that are too large, and scrap the progress I've made so far.

Or, I can lean into it, recognize that this isn't forever, and make some decisions that will help me get through this phase until I'm ready to start doing meal prep again. It really is often true that failing to plan is planning to fail.

So, what did I do? I added some PC Blue Menu individual frozen meals to my grocery order this week. They're quick and convenient (ready in 6-9 minutes in the microwave, depending on meal), and generally pretty tasty. I just microwaved a macaroni & cheese entree that was creamy and delicious and only 350 calories. There's a pretty good variety of low calorie frozen entrees available, and while in my opinion some are better than others, tastes differ, so find what works for you! Having a few of these in the freezer means that the next time I get hungry all of a sudden that I'll have a quick meal available, and it can be ready with zero prep and quicker than I could order takeout.

Is it ideal to be eating ultra processed food? No, but for an occasional meal or two, it's no big deal, and if it helps me stay within my calorie goals while preserving my mental health, then it's definitely a good choice!

We're all going to hit times where making the good choices is hard. Figure out what part of the problem is hard and see if you can solve it. Sometimes it's easier than you think!

I'm going to go enjoy my mac n cheese now :)




No comments:

Post a Comment