This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, August 21, 2023

Week 41 Weigh In!

 Well, there's a nice round number I'm happy to see! Has my rate of weight loss slowed down? Yup, I'm just a wee bit shy of 1.5lbs per week. Am I unhappy about it? Heck no! Slow loss is healthier for your body and more sustainable to manage- and this still isn't slow! Think about it- 1.5lbs per week is about 75lbs per year, and that's a LOT of weight! Remember, weight loss isn't a sprint; it's a marathon. Not to mention, once you hit the finish line, you find that the journey hasn't ended, it's just changed- like you!

I'm still not back at 100% yet. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and she thinks that the Ozempic has prolonged the illness and exacerbated the symptoms, which makes sense. She wants me to take a second week off the medication until I'm back to my baseline again. I hope it won't be too much of a shock to my system to restart again, but there's no sense in making myself sicker right now, so another week off it is.

It's been interesting seeing the differences in myself when I'm off the medication, but I'm not sure how many of them are psychosomatic. I think I have some of the food noise back, but it's not as oppressive as it used to be- yet. I guess we'll see how it goes this week.

I did notice a tendency to think that I can be a little more loosey-goosey with what I'm eating because I'm not on the meds, but that's not because anything makes me sick or whatnot so I'm not really sure why I'm thinking it? There is nothing that I can't eat in small portions while on the meds. I think maybe this is related to being sick where I am still seeking comfort foods that won't upset my stomach on the illness. 

Also, I noticed that while the stop signal preventing me from eating is much lessened, that doesn't mean I'm actually hungrier for more food. Paying attention to my own cues is still keeping me eating reasonable portion sizes.

I was surprised that I actually lost weight this week, since I wasn't tracking my calories on Lose It but simply trying to feel okay again. Would I expect that trend to continue at this level of activity and mindfulness? No. I've still got to put in the work myself to get my body healthier.

I've been able to do some light activity this week, but definitely at a lower intensity and shorter duration than I was previously. It's disappointing, but that's life. I worked my way up before, I can do it again. What matters is not giving up.




Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg

OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs
OZ Week 33 loss: 0.8lbs
OZ Week 34 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 35 on vacation: no weigh in
OZ Week 36 gain: 8.4lbs
OZ Week 37 loss: 6.0lbs
OZ Week 38 loss: 4.6lbs
OZ Week 39 gain: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 40 loss: 1.8lbs 
OZ Week 41 loss: 0.6lbs skipped dose on dr orders

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 60lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment