This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dessert for Breakfast?

I've always had a major sweet tooth, which explains one of the reasons why I got to the weight I was. This delicious breakfast recipe will make you feel like you're breaking all the rules but it's still filling and right on plan!

Vanilla Almond Fruit Flan (Breakfast):



1 pkg Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp Splenda
2 almonds, minced (optional free food)
1/4 cup blueberries
1/3 cup strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup raspberries


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a shallow, wide single serving dish with PAM spray. In a bowl, mix together the pancake mix, milk, egg, and 1 tbsp Splenda. In a separate bowl, soak the fruit in the extracts and remaining Splenda. Pour the batter into the baking dish and top with the fruit (and minced almonds, if using them) and bake for 35 minutes or until cake is golden brown.

The egg gives this a really nice consistency and the extracts make this taste so decadent! Count it as a complete breakfast, with a free food if you use the 2 almonds. You can also try different fruit combinations, just as long as they all add up to one fruit serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment