This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Confidence Boost

For some reason I had this irrational fear that even though I was doing everything right, that it wouldn't work- that I'd messed everything up and was destined to stay fat forever.

The scale this morning shattered those illusions and gave me a boost to see that I'd lost nearly four pounds this week! I still have quite a ways to go just to get back to where I was, but at least I've gotten some reassurance that I will get there!

Like I always used to say to myself; just keep putting one foot in front of the other and it's amazing how far you'll go. I am sure the old, fat me could never have visualized myself even now, just the way that I can't see myself at my goal. I can't wait to put up that photo on my About Me page, no matter how long it takes!

When you aren't ready to make a change, nothing can make you really want it. But when you are ready- nothing will stop you! I think in a lot of ways, weight loss really is more psychological and physical.

How did you do this week?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the good week! I did awesome this week too! Down under my first weight loss goal, only 2 more goals to go.

    ReplyDelete