This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 11, 2019

Onwards & Downwards!

It's so nice to step on that scale and see new numbers! I've been considering not weight for a month, but I do like the positive reinforcement on a Monday of seeing the number go down. As I mentioned last week, that's not always going to be a thing, though. But, I'll celebrate the victories! I lost 2lbs this week, with one "cheat" meal of homemade tacos with my family.

Like I've said before, I don't really want to think in terms of cheats. I just want to live my life. I don't want to rule out simple pleasures, and I'm someone who thinks of excellent food as a simple pleasure. If that means I will lose slightly more slowly, so be it. I am much more focused on the person I will be during my journey rather than the number on the scale.

And today was a throwback day to one of my favourite lunches of the past! Nutrisystem no longer makes the fettuccine alfredo, but the creamy beef alfredo is perfect for the same recipe! I'll repost it under this tag to make it easier to find. I would definitely recommend this entrée!

Beef Stroganoff Updated (Lunch):



1 Nutrisystem Creamy Beef Alfredo
beef broth, low/no sodium
mushrooms, onions
1 tbsp. FF sour cream

Preheat a saucepan to medium and pour a little broth in the bottom so you don't need oil or spray. Add chopped mushroom and onions, and sautee them until they start to soften. In the meantime, add beef broth to the fill line in the cup and use a knife to break up the powder chunks. Microwave it for about thirty seconds- just until the noodles start to soften but it's not hot (I didn't want to put dry pasta straight into my saucepan!). Then pour the entrée into the saucepan and turn up heat to medium-high. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens. Add 1 tbsp. sour cream about 5 minutes before serving and stir to make the sauce creamy.

If you have an extra Powerfuel, you may want to add 2oz of extra lean ground beef as well, but it's just as delicious without.

Count this as one Nutrisystem lunch entrée and vegetables, plus an extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment