This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Yum!

And down another two pounds this week! It's nice to feel like I'm right on track. It feels like the weight is coming off more quickly this time around, but I think I am just less impatient. I KNOW this plan works. It's going to happen. It's just a question of when.

My son loves to bake, and since yesterday was apparently Banana Bread Day, he wanted to bake me something sweet. We searched the internet but most of the recipes we found were just too high in calories. We decided to give one of the Leaf recipes a try, Blueberry Cheesecake Donuts,  although we modified it a little. I wasn't really interested in the glaze, we prefer coconut oil to butter, and we also made them a little smaller so now they qualify for a SmartCarb serving.

To be a SmartCarb, an item must have at least 1g of fiber and be 80-120 calories. These muffins are 107 calories each and have 1g fiber, so they are perfect and delicious!

Sorry, no photo- these weren't all that photogenic although they were really good!

So here is what we actually did:

Blueberry Coconut Muffins (Smartcarb):

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
3 tbsp. your favourite sugar substitute
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen blueberries (unsweetened)

Mix it all together, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, and it produces 9 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment