This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Rearranging Meals

At the beginning of the program, it can be confusing to figure out what you're supposed to add, what you're supposed to eat, and when. On the plus side, it's okay to eat your food whenever you like; you don't have to eat it in order. If you're happier with a huge breakfast and not snacking, there's nothing wrong with loading up your extra food at breakfast time. As long as you consume everything you're supposed to eat, you're doing the program just fine.

Since I'm on the program for women with 100+ lbs to lose (I don't adjust down to the standard plan as long as I'm still losing- I'm happier with the few extra calories!), this is my plan:

Breakfast: Nutrisystem Entrée, Powerfuel

Morning Snack: Powerfuel, Smartcarb

Lunch: Nutrisystem Entrée, Powerfuel

Snack: Powerfuel, Smartcard

Dinner: Nutrisystem Entrée

Dessert: Nutrisystem Entrée

Plus the four daily servings of vegetables, of course.

So what I often like to do is move my morning snack to breakfast and eat two Powerfuels and a Smartcarb, and then later in the afternoon, I like to have my NS breakfast with a mug of tea, especially if it's a sweet of some sort. Definitely gets my sweet tooth later in the day, when earlier in the day I prefer savory anyway.

I've always liked the Nutrisystem biscottis- I'm sad that the two dessert kinds were phased out. This was my first time trying the new breakfast version, and I'm quite happy with it!


Biscotti Bites (Breakfast):

 

Definitely a generous portion, and I found them to be crisp and delicious. I adjusted my auto delivery to get more of these next month as they definitely make a great snack with tea. I would love if they had several flavours to choose from though!

No comments:

Post a Comment