This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 4, 2019

Reformulations

I was a little disappointed to see that Nutrisystem has reformulated the macaroni and cheese with turkey sausage. This entrée has been one of my favourites on the days I just want to heat and eat and not dicker around with making one of my recipes. Some days I am just too tired and having a Nutrisystem entrée I am happy just grabbing makes a huge difference in whether I can stay on the plan or not.

Unfortunately, the reformulated version is going to make that a lot more difficult. While yes, it's slightly lower in calories, it's also missing an entire ounce of food. I suspect it works out to more than that. I just checked to see that I didn't post a photo of the old version- I'll have to do that as I still have a couple left. Then you'll really be able to see the difference!

The new version has different noodles, which is fine, and the sauce has a zesty flavour which is fine with me. However, it's much more saucy and much less food. That will be fine if I want to cook up some veggies and throw this on top- there will be plenty of sauce for that. But if I just want to eat it, I feel pretty shortchanged. I don't just want to eat spoonfuls of sauce. There are many fewer chunks of sausage, too.

It tastes better than it looks, but it's definitely become to me, an entrée that needs to have some tweaking done to make it a good meal. While I'm happy to have some of those, it has been really nice (especially since we can't order frozen meals without issue) to have some meals I could just eat.

Oh well. If anyone has any of the old version that they don't like, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment