This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, March 17, 2019

New Food Reviews!

I've been finding myself eating mostly frozen food lately since I was so excited to get it and try it all! My freezer space is a bit tight since I wasn't expecting some of the boxes to be so large, so I'm trying to eat these first. I have some new shelf stable items I want to try soon too!

I've also been trying to walk more. I got a Fitbit in January since my old sleep tracker broke, and I wanted something compatible with the food tracking app I prefer to use, Lose It. While I use NuMi to participate in the challenges, I don't find it to be all that user friendly for finding the add ins and prefer the interface on Lose It. Because I'm disabled, I can't exercise the way I used to. I miss the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! It was killer but did it ever work. Although I am slow, I have been trying to walk for 30 minutes each day. So far this week it's been four days. My husband has been coming with me, so we get that extra little bit of quality time together, too. All told, things have been going pretty well lately.

Here are my latest food reviews!

Cranberry Orange Muffin (Frozen Breakfast):



I've really missed the old shelf stable cranberry orange pastry. It was delicious! I think this muffin is maybe half the size, too, but it has that old familiar taste I remember. While I think I liked the cinnamon roll and the cherry cheese roll better in terms of not tasting like diet food (one can hardly look at a muffin that size and not think diet!), the flavour was good and I enjoyed it once it was heated in the microwave. I would order it again, but I don't think it will be my favourite breakfast.


Four Cheese Melt (Frozen Lunch):



I'm finding it difficult to take good photos of the melts. I have tried twice now to cut them in half so I can photograph the contents, but they get pretty messy and definitely not photogenic. I think I used to heat them in the microwave when I had the frozen food ten years ago, but now that I'm putting them in the air fryer they come out nice and crispy, so the crust doesn't cut well. They do taste great, though! I enjoyed this lunch- it was cheesy and delicious.

I know lots of people enjoy salad, but I tend to get bored of it pretty easily. You may have seen if you scroll back through my Vegetable Ideas tag that I've had several Salad Free weeks, where each day I post a different way to get in those veggies other than eating a salad. Today's idea, that I had along with my melt, was a medium cucumber cut into slices and then topped with three triangles of Laughing Cow Herb & Garlic cheese. Count it as a serving of veggies plus a Powerfuel. Delicious and decadent tasting- and definitely not boring!

Lemon Zest Cake (Frozen Dessert):



This dessert had a lot of rave reviews to live up to! The package said to thaw out of the wrapper to keep the icing intact. I opened my package right out of the freezer and didn't see much icing except that curl at the bottom anyway, so I was a little disappointed. But the portion wasn't ridiculously small and it smelled good, so I warmed it up in the microwave (I prefer my desserts warm).

It was amazing! Very light and sweet and lemony. I admit that I am partial to citrusy flavours so I was expecting to like this, but it would definitely be very high on my reorder list.

No comments:

Post a Comment