This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Pizzalicious!

So, the scale I had started out using was the same one I had used on my first weight loss journey nearly a decade ago. I had noticed that I could get on the scale three times within 5 minutes and get three different results within a couple of pounds. While the downward trend over time was still comforting, I wanted to see some accurate results so I went out and bought a new scale.

The reviews for the new scale said that it matched someone's doctor's office, so that sounded pretty good. I like that I can keep getting on it and it always shows the same result.

And this week it showed me that I am down 2lbs! That's the kind of trend I want to keep seeing.

I have some new food reviews as well- I've really been enjoying my frozen meals!


Italian Sausage & Turkey Pepperoni Pizza (Frozen Dinner):



I've read a lot of complaints that people haven't been getting many toppings on their pizza, but I am hoping those were just due to manufacturing error or failed quality control, because mine looked just fine.

I still have the same opinion of the crust that I did way back when I tried the first Nutrisystem frozen pizzas in 2011- it reminds me of Pizza Hut but without the grease. It's got the same dense, bready taste as opposed to a thin crispy crust. I think the shelf stable pizzas pull that off much better. But I like thick crust, so the frozen pizzas are great for me!

I also loved the zestiness of the Italian sausage. It was very flavourful and left a slight spicy taste in my mouth without being too much. I wish I had ordered more of these!


Chicken & Bacon Ranch Pizza (Frozen Dinner):



My only wonder here was that there doesn't seem to be much sauce on the pizza, but it didn't affect the taste much. Again, I felt there was a reasonable amount of toppings, and I enjoyed the taste. For purposes of these reviews, I didn't add or change anything to the pizzas, and I prepared them in the microwave on the little crisping tray that was provided. I felt the crust did definitely crisp up and wasn't nasty the way microwave pizza crust often gets. I did however find that the cheese didn't melt all the way for me in the cooking time suggested, so I nuked mine for a little longer.

Definitely on my reorder list!


Red Velvet Cupcake (Frozen Dessert):



My father loves red velvet, so I thought I'd order a few of these for him. Unfortunately at times, familiarity means expectations. This cupcake just didn't live up to what he figured a red velvet cupcake should taste like. He said it was okay, but there are other snacks he enjoys much more.

I haven't really had much red velvet, so I had no preconceptions. I thought it was light, sweet but not overly so, and pretty good especially with the drizzle of icing. If you don't know what you're missing, it's not a bad choice!


Margherita Pizza (Frozen Dinner):



In the previous incarnation, this was a lunch. I must admit that it was nice having a pizza for lunch and it's a shame it doesn't work out like that now. But like the previous two pizza reviews, I found toppings to be plentiful and the flavour to be pretty good. I enjoy the frozen pizzas I've tried so far.


Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Frozen Dessert):



Oh.My.God. Stop the presses, rush out and order as many of these as fit in your freezer. I think this may be the best Nutrisystem dessert item I've ever had. It tastes exactly like those Entemann's coffee cakes I used to love. It's rich and flavourful and perfect with a mug of tea as a bedtime snack. The only problem is that it's so small that I want to eat it with a crab fork to make it last longer! But it feels so much like a cheat that it's hard to believe you can lose weight eating it. I need more!


2 comments:

  1. Susie, what kind of scale did you end buying that reads the same over and over? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I bought the Taylor electronic glass scale from Walmart. Very happy with it so far- it reads consistent.
      https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/taylor-440-lb-glass-digital-bath-scale/6000197031931

      Delete