This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Whoosh!

Well, that was a nice boost! I've been losing smaller lately which surprised me a bit but since I wear a Fitbit I know that I am much more sedentary than I'm supposed to be. Unfortunately that comes along with being disabled and having the chronic health issues that I have. I'm doing the best that I can, but I'm losing even without exercise.

I lost 3lbs this week! And this put me over the hump of 30lbs lost. I still don't really see much difference in myself, but I suspect that's mostly due to familiarity. When I look at other people's pictures who are similarly sized to me and lost a similar amount of weight, I definitely see a difference. I've also noticed that some of my shirts "have gotten longer". So I guess that means the belly has gone down a little! I don't take measurements because I'm not really focused on the numbers, but I'm sure they have decreased too.

I finally managed to get my hands on some frozen food! Us Canucks cannot order the Uniquely Yours plan because they don't ship frozen food to Canada, but I was able to get some at a relative's house. OMG it's so good! I am sure I will still enjoy my shelf stable stuff, because I think that works better for most of my tweaks anyway while the frozen seems to be mostly heat and eat, but having the variety will be lovely I think.

Here's what I've tried so far!

Chocolate Cashew Bar (Dessert):



This bar has a whopping 15g of protein, which is considerably more than the other snacks. I'm planning on ordering extra of them because I think they will be handy to have around as emergency protein bars. They're very dense, and not as sweet as one would expect from a chocolate bar- they're nothing like the fudge graham bar for example. But they are extremely filling and I like cashews, so definitely worth a try, especially on a hungry day. I'm surprised they don't put those in the Fresh Start week to give customers a little extra protein to keep them satisfied, honestly.

Cinnamon Roll (Frozen Breakfast):



Well! I liked the shelf stable cinnamon bun, although it was rather on the chewy side. It made a great Cobblestone Cake though- that recipe is posted in my Recipe section if you're curious. No one would ever confuse it with a Cinnabon, though!

But this one doesn't even taste like diet food! It's not quite as overwhelmingly rich, but the icing is gooey and the portion size is considerably larger than the shelf stable roll. I microwaved mine for twice as long because I like my cinnamon buns hot like they're right out of the oven, and it was perfect and melty like that. It made a delicious breakfast with a mug of green tea. I saved my breakfast PF for later.

I am definitely going to enjoy the variety! Some of the frozen items are the same as what I tried when I was on the program years ago, unless they have gone through reformulations. I had the meatball parmesan melt for lunch and it was pretty tasty, although a little bread-y. I didn't take an updated photo though, it's about the same as it was before.

I'm looking forward to dessert- it's Pi Day, so I'll be having that stuffed apple pie for dessert later!

No comments:

Post a Comment