This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 18, 2019

Substitutions

… and no, not the kind that Nutrisystem occasionally does! Speaking of which, if you do receive your order and find that there are substitutions on it, you can always call or chat with Nutrisystem and they will make it right. On a previous shipment I received five substitutions and they were for items I did not like. Nutrisystem immediately asked me what I would like instead and rushed those items to me.

Remember, you're paying for this food and you should be happy with what you get! Nutrisystem will often even help you out if you ordered several of an item and you absolutely couldn't eat it- sometimes they will send you replacement items free of charge. It never hurts to ask, right?

But what I meant with the title is that we all have foods that we really love that are REALLY bad for us, right? And it's just not reasonable to expect to have to give them up forever. While being healthy is important, we still have to live our lives. I am one of the people who believes that food is one of life's little pleasures and I still want to be able to enjoy myself. I don't rigidly stick to the program if there is a special event or the like. I am okay losing a bit more slowly if it makes it easier to follow and gives me a better quality of life by not feeling deprived.

Sandwiches are my Achilles heel. I love submarines; big fluffy buns, gooey cheese, and creamy sauces. I could eat a sandwich every day and die happy I think! And of course, when one thinks of a sandwich, it's hard to miss the ubiquitous Clubhouse. Piled high with an extra slice of bread just so you can fit more toppings inside... there's no way to make this diet friendly, is there?

There almost always is!



OK, well we can't work miracles, right? ;)

But we got this one!

Clubhouse Sandwich (Flex Meals):



3 slices of your favourite bread that is 40 calories or fewer per slice, toasted
1 slice of your favourite FF cheese
2 slices fat free deli ham
2 slices fat free deli turkey
1 slice turkey bacon
lettuce, tomato, onion, sliced
honey mustard
1/2 tbsp. FF 1000 Island salad dressing

On the bottom slice of bread, squirt a little honey mustard (or substitute your favourite kind of free sandwich spread). Top with the ham and turkey slices. Put the middle slice of bread on and add the 1000 Island dressing. Place the lettuce, tomato, and onion on top and add the bacon slice broken in half to cover more sandwich. Place the slice of cheese on top and close the sandwich.

This was so satisfying! I've been wanting to make one of these ever since I saw there was 40 calorie bread out there. 647 Bread is an awesome choice for this sandwich.

And the best part is that the stats fit easily into your Nutrisystem program. As I said in a previous post, I'd go easy on adding bread as SmartCarbs on a regular basis, but you could occasionally even have this as your afternoon snack!

Count it as: one SmartCarb (bread), one Powerfuel (ham + turkey + FF cheese as long as the total is under 120 calories), and one extra (turkey bacon) + one veggie serving for them all. I count the honey mustard and dressing as a free food since it was fewer than 10 calories.

So this can be used as a flex breakfast, flex lunch, or as your afternoon snack! Lots of choice available if you need more Clubhouse sandwiches in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment