This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, October 10, 2019

More New Items!

Don't forget to check the menu before your next auto delivery ships! Nutrisystem has released some further new items, which I'm excited to try.



I was really, really happy when I saw that Nutrisystem has brought back a pancake mix. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I made a ton of recipes using their Pancake Mix in 2010. It is so versatile and can be used for much more than pancakes! Definitely check out my recipe file for some creative ideas. While I haven't yet tried the new High Protein Pancake Mix, I'm looking forward to making my Cheesy Egg & Bacon Biscuits with it!

I love the Nutrisystem Granola Cereal, so I'm expecting good things from this entree as well. One of my favourite ways to use the Granola is to put it over sugar free apple pie filling with some cinnamon (don't forget to add 1/2 Powerfuel elsewhere to your day if you do this- it's considered part of the entree and is required!!), which counts as an extra (10-35 calories). I suspect that Apple Cinnamon Granola Cereal will be even more perfect for this use! I don't drink milk, but I think this will likely also go well in yogurt and I can't wait to try it.

I like toffee, and I also like the Harvest Nut Bar, so I am betting I will also like this Toffee Nut Bar. I'm curious as to how different it will be, since the Harvest Nut Bar is already very sweet. Guess I will find out shortly!


This Garlic Cheese Flatbread is a shelf stable lunch entree, and it comes from the South Beach Diet program. If you didn't know, Nutrisystem and South Beach are owned by the same company. While the macros in the two programs are different, both do focus on the glycemic index and building a healthy balance of fats, protein, and carbs. I've been curious to try some of the South Beach entrees myself, and I actually recently placed an order for some when they were 50% off. I appear to have jumped the gun though since they are now available from Nutrisystem! This particular entree doesn't get great reviews, but I'm curious to try it anyway. I always say to give everything a chance because you never know what you will like. We all have different tastes, after all!

I love seafood, but I was a little surprised to see the Shrimp & Chicken Stir Fry on the menu since shrimp is so expensive. I wonder how small they are, or how few you get in the portion. Either way though, I am looking forward to giving it a try.


I will admit that I found this dinner entree to be a bit of a surprise as well. Nutrisystem already has two chili options that are quite good, why would they add in another? Adding veggies is already a relatively simple thing for us once we have the base entree. It makes me speculate that perhaps they plan to discontinue the Vegetariam Chili in favour of this Chockful of Veggie Chili, but who knows? I don't plan to order this one personally since I think the shelf stable options are good enough for me, but I'm interested in hearing how other people like it.

Again, I wonder how different these Nacho Puffs are from the current Cheese Puffs, which I love. I have liked both versions of the Cheese Puffs, both the big ones that look like cheesies, and the little ones. Does this new item mean that the Cheese Puffs are now on the chopping block? I hope not. There are a few of these on my next order for comparison purposes!

I am not the biggest fan of marshmallow, but I plan to try at least one of these S'mores Pies just to see how they taste. If the marshmallow taste isn't so prominent, then maybe I'll enjoy it. I do like the Stuffed Apple Pie so this one could be a winner as well.

What have you tried of the new menu items, and what are you hoping to try? Are there new ideas you would like Nutrisystem to create or bring back?



No comments:

Post a Comment