This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Out With The Old...

With all the new additions, Nutrisystem is quietly discontinuing a few more items. A few of them surprise me, and I'll definitely be sorry to see them go! I hope we have a few more new ones coming soon to help make up for it.

The list of items they sent out to be discontinued includes the following:

Cheese Tortellini
Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
Garlic Parmesan Snack A Rounds
Hickory Smoke Flavored Beef Patty
Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza
Salt & Vinegar Snack A Rounds
Stuffed Apple Pie
Whole Grain Soft Pretzel

If any of these are your favourites, I would try to place an order immediately so that you can grab the remaining stock before it's gone!

I have to admit that a few of them surprise me. The Italian Herb Flatbread pizza, I think is far the superior of the two shelf stable pizzas. It looks larger and tastes better than the Thick Crust Pizza, in my opinion. But I'm not the one seeing sales and cost figures, so I am sure Nutrisystem has a better idea of what they are doing.

I'm also surprised to see so many of the savory snacks be removed. While I have a sweet tooth, I know that not everyone does, and the variety of salty items gave more choice to the snack options. Especially the soft pretzel- I thought that was pretty cool and fun to jazz up. I will miss it. I liked the apple pie, too, but fortunately I still have a few of those in the freezer.

I hope that more new items will be added soon to compensate, because that is a lot of items that have been removed lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment