This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

New Reviews!

So I made a list of all the current offerings that I haven't posted a review for, and I'm surprised at how far behind I've gotten with that. I've always enjoyed being able to look back at old items that are no longer offered and see how much variety there has been over time, so I'd hate to miss any now! I wish NS would have a contest and bring back some of the more popular entrees from the past, though. Hello, beef tacos!

In the meantime, I'll continue trying to get caught up as quickly as I can!

I'm still on track, and today is day 5 of 100% Nutrisystem. No Fresh Start, like I said in the regular plan- I still believe that it is not any more helpful than just getting right back on the horse. I know that a bunch of my holiday weight gain was sodium, so I'm expecting to see a big loss this week.

How are you all doing with getting back on track?


Garlic Cheese Flatbread (Lunch):



This was actually pretty tasty. I thought it was just going to basically be a pizza with no sauce, but the garlic sauce was pretty good. I could see myself, in my pre- Nutrisystem days, having lunch of garlic bread and salad and feeling decadent about it, so this feels like a pretty good new option. Once again, if you aren't a big fan of their cheese, it's OK to substitute your own. Dietary Services confirms that the cheese packet is approximately 72 calories' worth of cheese.


Creamy Cauliflower & Chicken (Lunch):



Cauliflower seems to be all the craze lately. I have to admit, I like cauliflower, but I don't think it's as awesome as it's getting billed for lately. I also don't think it substitutes for everything potato, so take my comments with a grain or two of Mrs Dash!

I found this entrée to be on the bland side. Nothing wrong with it, but it definitely needs some perking up. I would not eat it straight out of the package. Try it over some flavourful roasted veggies or else add your favourite herbs and spices to give it some punch.


Cheesesteak Pizza (Frozen Dinner):



Somehow I missed this one back when I was reviewing all the pizzas! As long as you get a pizza that actually has steak on it (their quality control seems to be really iffy lately with pizza toppings in general, not just one this one), then you have a pretty satisfying dinner. I do love their frozen pizza crusts. I cut mine into 8 little triangles and eat it with a salad or other veggie side dish to make it last longer. I would definitely order this one again.


1 comment:

  1. I was shocked how good the garlic cheese flatbread was! It was in my fresh start box, as I would not have bought it myself.

    ReplyDelete