This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, January 4, 2020

New Year & Second Chances

Sorry I haven't been writing as much lately. Some of you know that I have a chronic illness, and it's been flaring lately so I haven't had a lot of energy for writing. I plan to write more in 2020 as I am able to do so.

I am firmly back on plan again. Today is day 2. I don't subscribe to the idea of doing Fresh Start again just because I've gotten off plan. First of all, eating too few calories can not only slow your metabolism, but also make you tired and irritable. I also believe it makes you less likely to succeed since it's so difficult. It's really not necessary- just going back onto your plan will start the weight coming off again!

I have so many recipes that I've been meaning to share here, and I just haven't been well enough to do that. So my resolution for 2020 is to focus on putting more effort into this blog for you all! I also note that I have fallen way behind in my food reviews. I always enjoy going down my tags of Nutrisystem entrees and seeing how they have changed over the years, so I want to make sure that I have them all recorded here just for posterity. I made a list of all the current NS foods that I am missing, and I'm going to try to post a few new reviews every week so I can get up to date again.

Remember that even if you didn't achieve your goals for 2019, that you only fail once you stop trying. Just keep going and keep putting one foot in front of the other, and you will get there. Make 2020 the year that you put yourself first!

1 comment: