This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 6, 2023

Week 13 Weigh In!

I've been tired lately, but that's my chronic health conditions flaring and doesn't have anything to do with the Ozempic. It's much harder on some days than others to keep going with my exercising and to make good choices. 

I've been learning that there is nearly always a good solid choice in the middle, though. If I'm tired or not feeling great, I don't have to skip my workout. If an hour feels like too much, I can do half an hour. I can go for a walk instead of something intensive. I can still feel like I'm making a good decision to be healthier without pushing myself too hard.

That being said, it is the first week of the month, so it's my competition week with my friend, and this is the week to push! We started a little off-centre, Friday to Thursday instead of following my usual schedule of Mondays, but it's still seven days and I'm doing my best. Slightly bigger loss this week which is great, and we'll see how I do at next week's weigh in since I've really stepped up the exercise this week to a minimum of 60 minutes a day. One week pushing and three weeks of doing something that is maintainable is working for me so far and I am seeing a difference not only on the scale but in my body.


Sooo... does that mean I should eat some lobster? :)  Seriously though, I know this wasn't all on Ozempic, but it's a big milestone and I'm proud of it.



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 23.4lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment