This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 20, 2023

Week 15 Weigh-In

Well, as you know, I've been holding out on increasing my dose for as long as possible, since I wanted to stay at 0.25mg as long as it was effective. But this past week I was just getting so hungry. I finally decided to take another dose on Thursday (I'm a Monday doser) and that would equal the 0.5mg that maybe I should have taken last Monday. I know many people do split their doses so I didn't foresee any problems, especially after so many weeks at 0.25mg with little side effects.

Life is full of surprises sometimes, isn't it? I was pleasantly surprised that the hunger pangs dissipated, but it definitely felt different than it did at the lower dose. When I first started Ozempic, I was just not hungry, but didn't feel like I couldn't eat (until I hit that hard stop sensation). This past few days with the booster dose, I felt almost like I'm experiencing the way gastric balloons are described to me (I have not had any kind of weight loss surgery). Almost like there is a balloon full of water taking up space in my stomach. I didn't find that a particularly comfortable sensation.

Also, the side effects came out full force, which I really wasn't expecting. For the first two days after the booster dose, the nausea intensified until it was almost constant. Not to the point of being sick but just definitely not feeling well. The Ozempic headache (which feels different from a "regular" headache but hard to explain why) was very present as well as some additional fatigue.

I noticed that I almost felt food averse the first day after the booster dose as well, as opposed to just not hungry. While in my early weeks on Ozempic I almost felt that food was more flavourful (perhaps more enjoyable since I only needed a small portion?), the past two days I felt like my sense of taste had diminished a little bit, which I also didn't love. The first day after the booster, I only consumed 900 calories and I really did have to make myself eat dinner because I was not interested in food at all.

Today is the third day since the booster dose, and my regular shot day. I am still trying to decide how to progress from here, and I guess I'll make that decision based on how I feel today. I did wake up hungry, which is something I'd prefer not to. I've had breakfast and now have that balloon like feeling again but fortunately no other side effects. We'll see how the day progresses. My options are to take the 0.50mg shot as I had originally intended, take another 0.25mg shot and do biweekly dosing for a while, or skip my shot entirely today and wait until I feel it wearing off. I'll have to weigh some pros and cons.

Speaking of weight, this week's weigh-in wasn't wonderful but it's still a step in the right direction! 


Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week)

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 25.4lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment