This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 13, 2023

Week 14 Weigh In!

So this was a challenging week. I got sick, and that meant I triggered my emotional thoughts around eating. All I wanted was comfort food, and for me that generally means bread and sandwiches and the like. Two days I found myself going way over my daily calorie range, and not because I was hungry but because I just really wanted it. While Ozempic has helped a lot with wanting more normal portions of things, it can't do all the heavy lifting for me!

The first day I went way over- I ate nearly 2700 calories that day. And my stomach really, really didn't like that. I was bloated and uncomfortable and had pain in my stomach for a few hours. Apparently that wasn't enough to stop me from eating nearly 2200 two days later, either. I'm not super impressed with the choices I made, especially since I wasn't even really enjoying what I was eating. It brought back a lot of the feelings of shame around overeating.

I'm going to try and make a plan for next time I'm not feeling well, so that this doesn't happen again. There's nothing wrong with mindfully having a higher calorie day, and I wouldn't be upset with myself for that. The issue here is that I was falling back into old patterns and not even enjoying it. So this is definitely behaviour I want to extinguish!

I also wound up taking three days in a row off from exercising while I was sick. I didn't have the energy and I needed to rest. Today I was finally ready to get back to it and it felt good instead of exhausting!

Since I had the bad days and I was sick, I wasn't expecting to lose any weight this week. I was pleasantly surprised to still have a good loss! 

I tried a few new recipes this week and I'll try to write them up soon for the Recipes page!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 25lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment