This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 6, 2023

Week 17 Weigh In!

So there has been some interesting research lately on how sleep affects weight loss- I saw a new article posted just yesterday. 

As a person with multiple sleep disorders, I can attest that the days where I am more likely to make poor eating decisions are the days when I get the worst quality sleep. When I'm tired, I'm more hungry, which makes perfect sense- my body will surrender a little more alertness in exchange for consuming more calories. And of course, willpower is at an all time low. The frustrating part is that you also get the least enjoyment of these extra calories, too, because you're too exhausted to really get pleasure from what you're eating. 

My sleep disorders tend to wax and wane, and every once in a while I hit a really bad spot. The past week or so I've had environmental disturbances as well as my normal chronic conditions flaring, and my sleep quality has been pretty awful. As a result, my calories were averaging higher the past week and I was also choosing food with lower nutritional value. I still had a significant calorie deficit and exercised all seven days, so I'm not concerned about the number on the scale today. It could be anything from sodium retention to bathroom issues to that week of poor quality sleep- plus I posted a very high loss last week. I know I'm doing the right things, so I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, one day at a time.




17 weeks ago, I made a small change- I started Ozempic. 16 weeks ago, I went from almost completely sedentary to starting to walk around my neighborhood. 8 weeks ago, I made another small change- started adding cardio and strength training videos. These are small, sustainable changes that will affect the direction my life is going. In a year, I will be a different person from the one I would have been without making these changes.

We can radically change our own futures. I want to be healthier. I don't want to be obese and diabetic with high cholesterol and blood pressure. 

What small change can you make today that will radically change your future?




Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 30lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment