This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 13, 2023

Week 18 Weigh In!

 I've noticed some changes this week. 

I've still been getting more nausea than I had at .25mg, but it hasn't been to the point of throwing up. Just enough to be annoying. It's manageable, but I might finally have to go find that ginger gravol and see if it helps. I don't plan on increasing my dose though until the side effects are back under control. The last thing I want to do is to make myself sick to the point that I can't take this medication. Ozempic has been doing wonders for my A1C and so the last thing I want is not to be able to take it anymore.

Also, I've noticed that my hunger is back, but differently than it was before Ozempic. So yes, I'm still getting stomach rumblings when I'm hungry (why this blog was originally named!) but my hunger goes away very quickly once I start eating. My appetite really isn't any different than it was when I wasn't getting a specific hunger signal, and that's great. I wrote in a previous entry about how I was feeling afraid about being hungry again, in case I started overeating again and ruining all my progress. I am really hoping that this will help me learn that it is normal and healthy to be hungry, and that it doesn't have to mean that I won't be able to stop at a normal sized portion. 

As a matter of fact, I have been having trouble eating those normal sized portions. While I get hungry several times a day (like a normal person! Who would have thought lol?), I stop wanting to eat relatively quickly. While it's not that sense of the "hard stop" that I felt in my first few weeks on Ozempic, where I got that urgent thought that I really can't eat more (not that I was ever sick), it's become more of a thing where I notice that I've slowed down and started picking at my food but I'm not all that interested in it anymore. I've been trying to take note of that and stop when I hit that point. I'm starting to think that I may need to bulk up my snacks a bit more so that I can ensure I'm getting my calories in, because I haven't been interested in finishing my meals.

Not that I'm depriving myself of anything! I try to have one treat item most days because I do enjoy sugar and sweets, and I find it very satisfying to be able to have small portions of the things I love and still be losing weight. 

With all the exercise I've been doing though, I feel like I need to up my calories a bit. I wasn't expecting the weight to start coming off quite as quickly as it has, and since I started working out I am averaging higher than the recommended 2lbs per week. I know, I know- sounds like a good problem to have, right? But really, it's not a good thing to lose too quickly. Not only are you at more risk of issues like having your hair fall out, or getting gallstones, but you'll also slow your metabolism down which makes it harder to lose down the road and much more likely to yo-yo back. I'd rather take a little more time and put less stress on my body, and keep the weight off.



That being said, I am still proud of all the hard work I've done- the 27lbs I lost by myself before Ozempic, and every pound since. Ozempic is definitely helping, but I'm putting in the work to exercise, to make healthier choices, and to try and take better care of myself. I still might have a hard time seeing the difference in the mirror, but 60lbs is a lot of weight, and I'm glad to see it gone.



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 35.6lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment