This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 27, 2023

Week 20 Weigh In!

I can't wait for spring to really come. It was so nice outside yesterday that I could finally do an outdoor walk, and this morning I wake up to snow. Blecch. Just a few more weeks hopefully!

So I was struggling this week with the exercise, but I did manage to keep going, and I'm proud of myself for that. I got myself some new exercise clothes that fit better as a reward! I like my exercise clothes to be tight so that bits and pieces aren't flopping all over the place when I'm working out, and now I'm down to a size 16 from a 22! I think it's finally time to stop wearing my original ones much as I hate to waste them, because it's just uncomfortable to have to keep hiking them up even though no one is seeing me in them. Which is probably a good idea because I've been buying whatever is cheap and my latest set is this horrible mustard yellow that looks like a BBQ threw up on me. But hey, they're comfy and supportive, and so far the cats haven't complained! (I work out in my living room with my exercise videos).

When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was happy to see that my yo-yo had corrected itself. Hopefully I'm back on track now, but as I've said many times, weight loss isn't linear and it's normal to have some fluctuation. If we keep making good health decisions, eventually they will catch up to us much as the way bad ones do!

Over 20 weeks on Ozempic, and I'm averaging a solid 1.75lbs per week, which is great! I'm very happy with how it's working. 

Also, this past week I've had a noticeable decrease in nausea, which is a definite plus. I hadn't had many side effects until I raised my dose, and then I had been feeling nauseous probably at least once a day. I didn't actually vomit, just felt uncomfortable. This week was nausea-free, so I guess my body is adjusting to the higher dose which is great! I don't think I will increase my dose yet. If it's still working at 0.38mg then for now I'm just fine. I'll increase when it feels like my body needs the increase.



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 35.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment