This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, September 11, 2023

Week 44 Weigh In!

 Well, that was a tough week. Not only did I find myself very hungry for what I think were still hormonal reasons, because it was in excess of my "normal" hunger, but I continued to get warnings on my app that I couldn't exercise at the intensity/time I wanted to, even if that was still lower than I wanted it to be.


So that's not what I want to see. That was on Friday when I had to do a lot of walking at work, and then on Saturday when I did a 30 minute lower intensity workout. My cardiac fitness score has been dropping, too, and I definitely don't love that. I really want to at least get back in the form I was in two months ago, but I guess it will take time. I mean realistically I want better than that; but looks like it will be slow and one bit at a time again.

There was quite a lot of overeating this week, and so I'm not surprised to see a small gain. It definitely felt hormone triggered, so I am hoping that this week will be easier. In terms of my dose, I started two weeks ago on 0.25mg again, and then last week I increased to 0.38mg. Generally when people restart at two weeks off they just stay on their original dose, but at three weeks missed they restart at 0.25mg and then progress on the original schedule. I chose to drop to 0.25mg even though I had only missed two doses, in the hopes of avoiding side effects from restarting. I have had a few minor ones- headache and occasional mild nausea, but that's it. I'm considering raising to 0.42mg tonight, so it'll have taken me about a month to reach my "normal" dose again when I do. 

I have been seeing people mention the Ozempic shortage in my area. I am due for a refill this week so we will see if I get it. I have always only gotten one pen at a time so hopefully that helps. I understand why people choose to get multiple months at once- it saves on dispensing fees and then less time spent obtaining medication- but when there's a shortage I hope that people getting only the quantity that they need will help spread it out so no one goes without.

Even with the price of this drug being what it is, the pharmacies are not making much profit at all, if any. There has been articles in the media showing that it's actually unprofitable for some smaller pharmacies and they only carry it so they don't lose their customers to other pharmacies. I don't quite understand why the pharmacy would carry the drug at a loss or why it can't be sold at break even at the very least, but I'm sure dealing with angry/upset customers over medication that isn't even profitable must be a real stress for them.

In the meantime, it's time for me to recentre and focus on my journey. Yup, I've been stuck around this weight for a while, but that's okay. I've lost 22% of my pre Ozempic starting weight, and with the illness and all the time in bed, it's normal for my body to need some adjustment time. And even with being "stuck", the scale still is moving, even if only a little bit at a time. I'll keep doing the best I can, one day at a time, and as I start to recover fully, I'm sure that things will improve.




Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg

OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs
OZ Week 33 loss: 0.8lbs
OZ Week 34 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 35 on vacation: no weigh in
OZ Week 36 gain: 8.4lbs
OZ Week 37 loss: 6.0lbs
OZ Week 38 loss: 4.6lbs
OZ Week 39 gain: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 40 loss: 1.8lbs 
OZ Week 41 loss: 0.6lbs skipped dose on dr orders
OZ Week 42 gain: 2.4lbs skipped dose on dr orders
OZ Week 43 loss: 3.2lbs restarted at 0.25mg
OZ Week 44 gain: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.38mg

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 60.2lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment