This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, September 4, 2023

Week 43 Weigh In!

 Well, restarting has been interesting. I was curious to see how it was going to affect me since I've read about a variety of other results ranging from it no longer worked to being back to ground zero.

I did choose to restart at 0.25mg because I didn't want to deal with side effects, and so far going slowly has worked really well for me. The first day, I noticed that I was definitely feeling the shot and that I wanted to eat smaller portions again. No hard stop from the first time around, but after 9 months it should be more of a matter of discipline now.

The second day, I noticed that I was getting very intense hunger pangs- more so than I did when I wasn't taking the Ozempic. While eating a small amount helped, I was surprised at how strong the need to eat was. At one point I was trying to go to sleep and I was so hungry I couldn't get comfortable, so I finally had to get up and get a small piece of cheese and then I could sleep. I am not in the habit of eating once I've gone to bed because I don't think it's ideal, but I felt like I had no options if I actually wanted to sleep. Thankfully, it did work!

As the week went on, my body started to normalize again. As long as I follow my usual routine of eating small portions often, I'm doing just fine. If I do forget to eat, my stomach quickly gets more insistent! But it's still satisfied by the smaller amounts so there's no need to overeat.

Also, I did get my cycle this week so I wouldn't be surprised if that has had an effect on my increased hunger. Hormones suck. I did notice over the past nine months that I tended to have higher calories the week of my period so that's fairly normal for me.

That being said, I don't think I'm going to stay at 0.25mg for long this time around. I think I'm going to go back to my plan of ramping up slowly again so I can get back to my normal dose of 0.50mg. Hopefully that will continue to work well and I can stay there for a while.

Even with the slower weight loss the past two months, as of this week I have officially surpassed my HealthyWage weight loss goal! Even if I don't lose another pound between now and Halloween, I will win $1142!!! I am really looking forward to placing another bet once I get paid for this one because it feels like free money- and I really could use some new clothes in a smaller size! Set a reasonable goal- I think for most people, one pound per week is very achievable (and it really adds up over time!), decide how much you'd like to bet and how long you'd like your bet to last (I did 30lbs over 8 months), and you can count your found money at the end of it! If you make a bet through my referral link, you'll get an extra $40 added to your winnings!

I'm still having trouble with energy and exercising, and this is not related to the Ozempic. I'm still just burned out and exhausted from spending a month mostly in bed. All my fitness tracker apps are warning me not to overdo it and when I tried to do even a half hour, I got warnings that I had exceeded my current fitness level and wound up spending the next day in bed. So, I really am starting from zero again with the exercise, which sucks because I have been working so hard since January. But, as I've said before, that's life. Things happen to derail us. We've just got to pick ourselves up and keep going. I built up my fitness level before, and I'll do it again, as long as I don't give up. The most important step isn't the first or the last- it's the next one.



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg

OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs
OZ Week 33 loss: 0.8lbs
OZ Week 34 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 35 on vacation: no weigh in
OZ Week 36 gain: 8.4lbs
OZ Week 37 loss: 6.0lbs
OZ Week 38 loss: 4.6lbs
OZ Week 39 gain: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 40 loss: 1.8lbs 
OZ Week 41 loss: 0.6lbs skipped dose on dr orders
OZ Week 42 gain: 2.4lbs skipped dose on dr orders
OZ Week 43 loss: 3.2lbs restarted at 0.25mg

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 60.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment