This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, December 11, 2023

Week 57 Weigh In!

 Lately, I'm just feeling overwhelmed with life. And I guess that is life, but it sure makes it so much harder to prioritize my health. I've made a point to try and stop the emotional eating, because I've been doing it when I'm not hungry. It's definitely a mental trigger rather than a physical one, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Between that and feeling emotionally drained so I have little energy to exercise, I really am struggling.

The difference between now and before? I have Ozempic to help me keep going or at least tread water rather than backsliding too far. It's still not easy on those days where I just feel like making terrible decisions because I feel terrible. And it sucks that I'm losing the same weight back and forth that I've already lost. It's been a month since my one year post and I'm still not back to what I was at then.

But the reality is that some times are going to be hard. There's no magic bullet that will cure the emotional eating- that's pure and simple work that I'm going to have to do on myself. And it's going to take time, and it's not going to be easy.

In the meantime? All I can do is give myself grace and keep trying my best. Some days, my best is going to be better than others, and that's okay. Hopefully I can keep losing at least slowly if I can't be perfect.

In some ways I miss that I haven't been able to work out and in others I just don't want to do it. But I love how my body feels stronger when I've been exercising, and I like seeing in my healthcare stats app that my cardio fitness score is improving. When I don't exercise for a bit? I notice a pretty quick decline in my cardio fitness. Apparently I have to really keep it up, if I want to have a good score for my age, weight, and sex. When I'm feeling totally run down though it's really hard to summon the motivation to expend more energy.

So, it's been really hard lately. I think it will keep being hard for a while. Hopefully I can keep moving in the right direction. There's no need to raise my dose anytime soon because this one is controlling my hunger levels very well. I just need to control my non-hunger eating myself and do my share of the work!




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 67.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment