This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, December 4, 2023

Week 56 Weigh In!

Well, we're definitely at the stage where weight loss becomes a grind, rather than a sprint! But that's OK. Maybe slower loss will give my body some time for this loose skin to tighten up. And to be fair, I did say last week that I wasn't ready to get myself 100% back on track. I did exercise, but I haven't been tracking calories for several weeks now with all the upheaval in my life, and I only made the decision that I was ready to get started again two days ago.

So realistically? A loss is a win, even if the scale is still higher than where I wanted it to be. I have made very little progress over the last couple of months, but I'm ready to start focusing again.

And as part of that? I wound up buying myself a 25 class pack to the F45 gym as a holiday gift to myself. I really do enjoy the atmosphere there, and I like how the trainers will offer modification exercises if I'm not able to do the posted activity at a station. While the other members all seem fit, none of them has looked down on me for being fat or out of shape- to the contrary, they've all been super encouraging! 

I could have bought myself a monthly pass and it would have cost a bit less than paying per class, but I was worried that I'd get sick or wouldn't want to do the half hour walk to get there in the winter, or life would happen and then I'd be out that money. This way, the class pack doesn't expire and I can use them whenever works for me. I do plan to use them only for strength training classes, since I can do Walk at Home in my living room for far less money- I can get an entire month for less than the price of one class at F45!

Hopefully, the combination of kicking my exercise up a notch to build some more muscle tissue and paying attention to my calorie intake again will get the scale to start moving in the right direction again. After all, I've got a HealthyWager to win! 

I don't plan to make any adjustments to my Ozempic dosage. While I've been overeating, it's absolutely been on the emotional side. I wasn't actually hungry, I was just eating. That lesson came in crystal clear on Saturday when I decided that I wanted to be back on track with my food consumption and noticed no hunger pangs at all- I just had to keep an eye on when my body needed food so that I wouldn't go hypoglycemic because of my diabetes. Yup, even with the A1C under control, I will likely always have hypoglycemia since I experienced it long before the diabetes diagnosis. So it is important for me to continue to eat every few hours, but that doesn't stop me from being mindful of what and how much I'm eating, especially if I'm not having to fight those hunger pangs (thank you, Ozempic!).

Current plan: continue dosage at 0.75mg, strength training 2x a week at F45, Walk at Home 3x a week, and calorie range of 1500-1800 daily with a balanced, nonrestrictive diet. With the holidays coming up, there's going to be some wiggle room, but I'll do the best I can until then. One day at a time!



OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 65.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment