This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, November 27, 2023

Week 55 Weigh In

 It's amazing how quickly your whole life can go upside down. The past two weeks have been horrible, and I am wrung out and beyond exhausted. Thankfully, everything will be OK, but for the past little while paying attention to what I'm eating and exercising has been nowhere near the top of my priority list, and I've been engaging in stress/comfort eating.

It was pretty awful. I ate an entire package of Oreos in one sitting. Not because I was hungry; I just wanted to drown myself in sugar. And that was just one moment in the past couple of weeks. Since I wasn't sleeping, there certainly was no energy for exercise, which means I lost the rest of my trial membership to the gym that I was enjoying. I can pay for more classes if I want to, but it's really, really expensive and I'm not sure that's in my budget at the moment.

I'd like to say I'm back on track as of today but honestly I'm still exhausted and I'm not going to make a commitment I'm not ready to keep. My survival methods when I'm worn out generally involve eating more because I need more calories to function on those days, which isn't helpful. At least I do have a fridge full of food so I won't be looking for convenience meals.

But I can't stay off track long because I have $1341 on the line in my HealthyWager! I didn't make a second wager with the intention of losing, that's for sure. I just need to get some sleep, get my head back on straight, and keep going.

Because while my health couldn't be high priority these past couple of weeks, ultimately it has to be a priority for me to take care of myself. You can't pour from an empty cup.





OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 65 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment