This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Losing to Win!


I did it, everyone! I bet $50 per month for 8 months that I would lose 30lbs. I figured that was pretty much a sure bet- since it's less than a pound per week. I'm definitely glad I gave myself some extra space because when I got sick and couldn't work out, my weight loss slowed right down. But I still made it with room to spare and I'm excited to collect my winnings!!! I win $1141!!!




I think I'll be putting this money away to spend on new clothes once I reach my maintenance phase. I still have some weight that I'd like to lose so for now I'm going to stick with cheap options like thrift stores and Marketplace so that I can wear clothes that fit and aren't too baggy, but also not a waste of money since hopefully I won't be in them for too long.

Definitely considering making another wager, although I have to take into account that my loss rate has significantly slowed since I have much less weight to lose.

If you haven't tried HealthyWage out, I'd definitely recommend them. You are absolutely allowed to take any medications you have been prescribed, including Ozempic and other GLP-1s. And if you sign up for your wager through my referral link, you'll get an extra $40 on your prize!

It really is a nice extra bonus to get paid to lose weight, and if you're paying for your Ozempic out of pocket, you can even use your wager as a way to fund the meds! Just play around with the prize calculator until you get a payout you are happy with. The minimum timespan is 6 months (no crash diets!) and the minimum amount of weight you have to lose is 10% of your starting weight. The minimum bet is $200 (total over the timespan, not per month!). Beyond that- you can play around with it and make longer timeframes, lose more weight or bet more money- the choice is yours to make it work best for you.

My best recommendation is to give yourself some wiggle room because bodies can be a little unpredictable. They do allow you to extend your wager if you're close but not quite there, but it's better not to need that safety net! Healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs per week, so I would definitely take that into account even if you think you can lose faster. Some weeks I did, but on average, I wouldn't have been able to sustain that.

But if you're already working hard and losing weight... why not get paid for it, too? It's a pretty exciting feeling to add to the excitement of losing! And something to remember when we have those moments where we want to backslide a bit. Just a little bit of extra motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment