This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, November 6, 2023

One Year Weigh In!!!

 Wow- hard to believe it's been a year already! But on the same hand, look at all the changes I've been able to make this year! 





I'm really proud of everything I've accomplished this year. While it's been more than a year since I've been trying to take back my health (that journey restarted on April 1, 2022 when I got my T2 diabetes diagnosis), it's been exactly 52 weeks since I took my first injection of Ozempic.

And what a difference a year makes! By every indicator, I'm definitely improving my health and hopefully fighting back against my chronic conditions. First and most obviously, I am down 68 pounds! While it's slowed significantly, that's still an incredible amount of weight and I'm so grateful not to be hauling it around every day- I'm sure my joints are, too. Including the time before I started Ozempic, I hit a new milestone today and I am down 95lbs total!



I won my HealthyWager!!! In hindsight, I wish I had bet more because I felt like I was a sure bet. I'm considering placing a second wager but I guess it will depend on what kind of odds they are giving me! 






Secondly, while I didn't take measurements at the start of my journey (kind of wish I did but honestly I wasn't going to keep up with them), I have seen my clothes get bigger and bigger and become unwearable, which is awesome. And despite that niggling bit of anxiety that I've been in this place before, I am quite firmly getting rid of the ones that are too big to wear. I'm just going to have to deal with life and the demons that come up so that I don't regain the weight again because I genuinely believe I will die if I do. My body can't handle being the size it was. I started at a 4X, size 24ish depending on the clothes, and currently wearing XL, size 14-16ish comfortably.

Thirdly, my A1C dropped from 7.0 (confirmed diabetes) in April 2022 to 5.1 as of last week. That's not only not diabetic, it's not even at risk anymore. I have normal A1C! That's amazing and I'm ridiculously happy about that. No insulin, and no crazy restrictive diets or counting carbs, either- I couldn't live like that.

Fourthly, I'm making better choices- the soft positives rather than the hard positives of the numbers. While I'm not back to where I was in terms of my physical fitness before I got sick, I'm still battling my way back. My cardio fitness score has started to improve again, even if it's still below average again. And while I'm still struggling to get the frequency of my workouts back to my 4-6 times a week, I'm still getting in at least 1-2 a week plus long walks on 2 days, so I'm not back to being a couch potato. It's hard battling inertia, but it does get easier when exercise was just something that I did as a habit rather than something I had to make myself do. I'll get back there; I just need to keep working at it and not give up.

And fifthly- look at me! :)

July 2022

Nov 2023

The workout clothes in the first pic are a size 4X and the ones on the second pic are a 0X!

I still have more weight that I'd like to lose. I saved all my smaller size clothes from before I regained the weight, so I'm looking forward to having them all back. I'm already into some of them which feels great, but there's a particular pair of size ten jeans that are calling my name. I'm sure the journey forward will be slower since I have less to lose, but I will keep doing my best and take it one day at a time. Because all those individual days can really add up to a lot of progress! Look at what a year can do!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg

OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 28 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 29 loss: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 30 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.46mg
OZ Week 31 loss: 2.2lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 32 loss: 1.2lbs
OZ Week 33 loss: 0.8lbs
OZ Week 34 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 35 on vacation: no weigh in
OZ Week 36 gain: 8.4lbs
OZ Week 37 loss: 6.0lbs
OZ Week 38 loss: 4.6lbs
OZ Week 39 gain: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 40 loss: 1.8lbs 
OZ Week 41 loss: 0.6lbs skipped dose on dr orders
OZ Week 42 gain: 2.4lbs skipped dose on dr orders
OZ Week 43 loss: 3.2lbs restarted at 0.25mg
OZ Week 44 gain: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 45 loss: 1.6lbs raised dose to 0.50mg
OZ Week 46: 0.0lbs 
OZ Week 47 loss: 3.8lbs
OZ Week 48 loss: 0.2lbs
OZ Week 49: no weigh in
OZ Week 50 gain: 1.8lbs raised dose to 0.62mg
OZ Week 51 loss: 1.4lbs raised dose to 0.75mg
OZ Week 52 loss: 2.6lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 68lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment