This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, November 17, 2023

All Shook Up!

 So I mentioned in my last post that I had gotten a two week trial to an F45 gym that was within walking distance, and I'd never done F45 before. I decided to take it as a sign to go ahead with my new HealthyWager and use this as a little kick start to getting back my fitness groove.

Well, I have finished three classes and they are kicking my ass, but I am stubborn! I like how they come with a personal trainer to help make sure you're doing the moves correctly and to offer modifications if you need it. Readers- I needed them! Most of the other people there were all fit people there to build muscle, not people like me who still have quite a lot of weight to lose. But you know what? They were all super nice and welcoming even still. I didn't feel like anyone was judging me for using the lightest weights or needing to modify exercises or taking a break. The trainer told me I should be proud of myself for showing up and doing my best, and I am!

That being said, it's been hard on my body! My first class was on Tuesday and I've been pretty sore since then. I took today off, and I think I won't go to Saturday's class either. Hopefully by then my muscle soreness will have eased up and I'll be good to go on Sunday. That might mean I don't get to use all ten of my classes since the package is only for 14 days but I'll do my best! 

I don't know if I'll be able to go to this gym once my trial is over though. I am really enjoying it, but I had no idea that gyms cost so much nowadays. I was reminded that the last time I had a gym membership was over 15 years ago and of course things cost more now, but I wasn't expecting $229 a month (they offered me $199 as a Black Friday promotion), or I could pay $139 a month for 8 classes a month, or I can buy a 25 class package for $500. That seems like an awful lot of money to me when I pay my $8.99 a month for the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home subscription! To be fair, they have a lot of equipment at the gym that I don't have at home, and I know personal training is very expensive too. I just wasn't anticipating that much money. It was also pointed out to me that even the cheap gyms that run classes are about $80 a month, so this really isn't that much more. That being said, it might mean a gym is simply out of my price range for now. 

We'll see how I feel about it maybe in a few months. For now, I'm going to go to as many classes as I can and get as much use out of my trial membership as my body can handle! I've really been enjoying the hard push and having someone cheer me on and encourage me to work right up until the buzzer goes off. Those are things I don't have at home, either. Also, apparently I've been doing deadlifts incorrectly and I have to work on that.

I'm guessing that for now, I probably don't need to work out this intensely to lose weight. I'll probably be just fine with my Leslie Sansone videos. Maybe as I get closer to goal, I might need to step things up a bit and then something like this might make more sense for that kind of outlay of cash. I'll think about it anyway. I wish I had a few more weeks to stick with it and see how it's affecting my body!

One day at a time. Since today is a recovery day, I went for a nice walk at a fairly slow pace just to keep my muscles stretched out. I also upped my protein on the weight lifting days and drank extra water to help with the muscle soreness. Hopefully I'll be back to my usual sassy self in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment